- Final Submission Deadline October 1st, 2017.
- Films must be from Washington in order to be eligible for the grand prize of $1000.
- All films must be horror/ thriller genre.
- All films must be a narrative short. No music videos, film trailers or advertisements.
- Submission Fees: $30 Early Bird submission deadline (June 1), $40 Submission Fee (Sept 1), $50 Final Submission Fee (Oct 1).
- Submission fees are non-refundable .
- Must be made within the last 2 years (after Jan 1, 2015) and cannot have been entered in previous Bleedingham film festivals.
- Films should be no longer than 12 minutes.
- Filmmakers can submit up to 3 different films.
- There is no limitation on how horrifying and gory films can be. However, Hate rhetoric against any particular gender, race or religion will not be accepted.
- Depending on how many submissions we receive, your film may not be shown at the Pickford, as we only have limited hours of playtime. All submissions are being judged by a panel of professional, non-participating judges and only those with the highest scores, that can fit into that time period, will be shown.
- Awards are based on these judged categories: Cinematography, Editing, Sound Design, Story, Special Effects and Scary Factor
- Grand prize, second and third place winners are presented to the films with the highest overall scores added up from all categories.
- Filmmakers from WA state must be in attendance or have a representative in attendance at the award ceremony to receive any awards.
- Due to our agreement with the Pickford, we apologize that we are unable to provide free entry to the festival. If you are a participating filmmaker, please be sure to purchase your tickets immediately upon release as they sell out quickly. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
- All available submissions will be linked to our website, upon the filmmakers permission, so that everyone can see your film after the festival.
- All participants will be notified one week before the festival as to whether their films will be shown at the Pickford.
- Submission File Format – 720-1080 p AAC Audio (.MOV or .mp4 file)
- We are also accepting International short horror films from outside of WA state, which are eligible for separate awards.
- You will still have to upload your film via our dropbox invite, regardless if you submit through film freeway.
For more information, please message us on Facebook or email us at Bleedinghamfilmfest@gmail.com
Dates and Deadlines
Early submission Deadline $30
Submission Deadline $40
Final Submission Deadline $50
October 28 WA state films
October 29 International films
November 5 Encore of WA state films
For WA state Filmmakers:
Best Film ($1000 cash prize)
Best Special Effects
Best Sound Design
*Single award for Best Original Score presented by the Pacific Northwest Film Scoring Program to recognize the best use of original music
Best Sound Design
Film Festival Tickets are $7.50 for Pickford Film Center members, $8.00 students, and $10.75 for all other horror fans.
Pickford Film Center
1318 Bay ST
Bellingham, WA 98225