- Final Submission Deadline October 1st, 2018.
- Films must be from Washington in order to be eligible for the grand prize of $1000.
- All films must be horror/ thriller genre.
- All films must be a narrative short. No music videos, film trailers or advertisements.
- Submission Fees: $25 Early Bird submission deadline (June 1), $40 Submission Fee (Sept 1), $50 Final Submission Fee (Oct 1).
- Submission fees are non-refundable .
- Must be made within the last 2 years (after Jan 1, 2016) and cannot have been entered in previous Bleedingham film festivals.
- Films should be no longer than 15 minutes.
- Filmmakers can submit up to 3 different films.
- There is no limitation on how horrifying and gory films can be. However, Hate rhetoric against any particular gender, race or religion will not be accepted.
- Depending on how many submissions we receive, your film may not be shown at the Pickford, as we only have limited hours of playtime. All submissions are being judged by a panel of professional, non-participating judges and only those with the highest scores, that can fit into that time period, will be shown.
- Awards are based on these judged categories: Cinematography, Editing, Sound Design, Story, Special Effects and Scary Factor
- Grand prize, second and third place winners are presented to the films with the highest overall scores added up from all categories.
- Filmmakers from WA state must be in attendance or have a representative in attendance at the award ceremony to receive any awards.
- Due to our agreement with the Pickford, we apologize that we are unable to provide free entry to the festival. If you are a participating filmmaker, please be sure to purchase your tickets immediately upon release as they sell out quickly. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
- All available submissions will be linked to our website, upon the filmmakers permission, so that everyone can see your film after the festival.
- All participants will be notified one week before the festival as to whether their films will be shown at the Pickford.
- Submission File Format – 720-1080 p AAC Audio (.MOV or .mp4 file)
- We are also accepting International short horror films from outside of WA state, which are eligible for separate awards.
- You will still have to upload your film via our dropbox invite, regardless if you submit through film freeway.
Dates and Deadlines
Early submission Deadline – $25 – June 1
Submission Deadline – $40 – September 1
Final Submission Deadline – $50 – October 1
October 27 WA State films and Award Ceremony
October 28 International Films
Nov 4 Encore Screening of WA state films
For WA state Filmmakers:
Best Film ($1000 cash prize)
Best Special Effects
Best Sound Design
*Single award for Best Original Score presented by the Pacific Northwest Film Scoring Program to recognize the best use of original music
Best Sound Design
Film Festival Tickets are $7.50 for Pickford Film Center members, $8.00 students, and $10.75 for all other horror fans.
Pickford Film Center
1318 Bay ST
1318 Bay ST
Bellingham, WA 98225