- Final Submission Deadline September 27, 2020.
- Films must be from Washington in order to be eligible for the grand prize of $1000.
- All films must be horror/ thriller genre.
- All films must be a narrative short or feature in order to be eligible for judging and awards.
- Music videos and film trailers can be submitted, but will not receive feedback and not be eligible for awards. They will be selected by two of our judges and will be played during any given film block.
- *Submission Fees: $25 Early Bird submission deadline (June 1), $40, $45, $50 Submission Fee (Sept 1), $50, $55, $60 Final Submission Fee (Sept 27)
- Submission fees are non-refundable .
- *Must be made within the last 2 years (after Jan 1, 2018) and cannot have been entered in previous Bleedingham film festivals.
- Short films are considered less than 15 minutes.
- Filmmakers can submit up to 3 different films.
- There is no limitation on how horrifying and gory films can be. However, Hate rhetoric against any particular gender, race or religion will not be accepted.
- Depending on how many submissions we receive, your film may not be shown at the Pickford, as we only have limited hours of playtime. All submissions are being judged by a panel of professional, non-participating judges and only those with the highest scores, that can fit into that time period, will be shown.
- Awards are based on these judged categories: Cinematography, Editing, Sound Design, Story, Special Effects and Scary Factor
- Grand prize, second and third place winners are presented to the films with the highest overall scores added up from all categories.
- *Filmmakers from WA state must be in attendance or have a representative in attendance at the award ceremony to receive any awards.
- Due to our agreement with the Pickford, we apologize that we are unable to provide free entry to the festival. If you are a participating filmmaker, please be sure to purchase your tickets immediately upon release as they sell out quickly. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
- All available submissions will be linked to our website, upon the filmmakers permission, so that everyone can see your film after the festival.
- All participants will be notified at least one week before the festival as to whether their films will be shown at the Pickford.
- Submission File Format – 720-1080 p AAC Audio (.MOV or .mp4 file)
- We are also accepting International short horror films from outside of WA state, which are eligible for separate awards.
- You will still have to upload your film via our dropbox invite, regardless if you submit through film freeway.
*Covid fees and rules are updated on film freeway
Dates and Deadlines
Early submission Deadline – $25 – June 1
Submission Deadline – $40 – September 1
Final Submission Deadline – $50 – September 27
Online festival date: Oct 30-Nov 2 via The Pickford Film Center online screening
For WA state Filmmakers:
Best Film ($1000 cash prize)
Best Special Effects
Best Sound Design
*Single award for Best Original Score presented by the Pacific Northwest Film Scoring Program to recognize the best use of original music
Best Sound Design
Ticket prices TBA
Pickford Film Center Online Special Event